Rain...and PA!
Over the past couple of days, Jamie and I have experienced something we've been waiting for since we've moved to CA...rain! Unfortunately, it's only happened at night when we were sleeping, but we did get to see wet ground, which is equally exciting around here. Before I moved to California, I never would've guessed how it would feel to live in an area where there are this many sunny days in a row. The jury is still out about whether it's better or worse, though.
Not surprisingly, the recent threats of rain have reminded me of Pittsburgh, and it couldn't have come at a better time! For the first time since Jamie and I moved, we're heading back to the 'burgh tomorrow night for a weekend of debauchery. We're extremely excited to see as many people as possible between our red-eye flight Friday night and our sad departure on Sunday afternoon. You may ask why we would put ourselves through a cross-country flight to spend only one full day in PA...and the answer is a wedding! At first, I was really hoping to see rain when we went to PA (Jamie got to see some the other weekend when he was in Allentown...lucky bastard...), but then I realized that praying for rain this weekend would mean it would rain on somebody's wedding day. So, being the bigger person, I finally decided that waiting another month or so for rain here wouldn't be such a bad idea.
You may being asking why I'm dedicating almost an entire blog to rain. Well, you would be amazed how much you miss something when you're used to so much of it. I can't even imagine how I'm going to feel about the fact that it will never snow here.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home