dogs and bikes
Since Jamie got a new bike this week, we have been riding in the evenings to explore our neighborhood. Two nights ago, he had to work, so I took a 10 mile ride on South River Rd., a road that follows the river. It was a very pretty ride--the houses were gorgeous, the fields on the other side of the road were pretty, and the river was a strange mix of tranquility and activity. In many parts of the river there were small boats with skiers, but other parts of the river reminded me of something you'd see in the south--lots of vines and stuff. It was really fun to explore the area.
Last night, though, Jamie and I decided that it would be fun to take the dogs with us for a short bike ride. Jamie took Dyno, and I got Yaeger. My biggest worry with Yaeger was that she would run in front of the bicycle tire, and I would run over her since she's so small. However, that turned out to be Jamie's problem! Yaeger was a perfect angel running beside a bike. She didn't run ahead or lag behind, she just ran beside me, happy to be running. Dyno, on the other hand, thought that this exercise was a game and kept trying to race Jamie's bike. Unfortunately, once she'd get far enough ahead, she would cut right in front of Jamie who would have to slow down to not hit her. It was a vicious cycle.
As for this weekend, we haven't made any plans yet, but I hope that whatever we do, it will be blog-worthy.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home