The Butlers Move to Cali

This site is a sort of documentary on our new adventures in Davis, California

Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy Fourth of July...with no Fireworks

Because of the dry conditions in the Sacramento region and across the state, our governor is urging county and city officials to ban fireworks for the Fourth of July. There are many major fireworks shows that have been cancelled, and West Sacramento has banned fireworks all together.

So is there any fun to be had on the Fourth without fireworks? Well, Sean has finally learned to roll over (from his back to his tummy), so we have built-in entertainment in our house right now. Also, since Jamie is home and can watch Sean, I am thinking about finding a place to get my hair cut. It's not really your typical Fourth of July celebration, but it sounds great to me.

We'll probably also make a tasty picnic-type meal with Barb's Fantastic Cole Slaw, and we'll start smoking our brisket for tomorrow's party tomorrow. I can't say it's the most memorable Fourth of July on record, but then again, I can't seem to remember what I've done on many previous Fourth's, either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home