Jamie's Hunch
Since Sean was two months old, we've been seeing these episodes of eye symptoms every two - four days. They've been getting longer, the eye movements have been more pronounced, and he's been taking longer to recover from the fatigue of the whole incident. During the past week, I decided to start a food log of everything I ate to see if there was any correlation to the episodes. Because of some things I read, I cut Diet Soda and beef from my diet. Actually, I was trying to cut high protein foods, but I just can't resist a good piece of chicken! Since we have no idea what I ate when I pumped most of the milk that's in the freezer, Jamie started feeding him formula during the day while I was at work. Now I don't want to jinx anything, but we haven't seen an episode since last Saturday night! Jamie and I have researched exhaustively to find eye movements as a symptom to a food allergy or intolerance, and we can't seem to find anything. So if anyone is bored and likes to research medical topics, feel free to pass along any info that you find! We meet with the opthamologist on Tuesday, and we'll run our theory by her to see if it holds any water.

1 Comments:
T & J w/all the research i have done on food allergies....etc.. I have never come across any connection with eye movements. You be amazed that certain pollens from trees can trigger a food allergy such as carrots.
Anyways....I will look a little more and see if I can find anything.
Rhys has milk allergy.....which is absolutely everything....and he's had other reactions to certain foods. And of course this past allergy season.....but he also has eczema...and the that goes crazy along with the other symptoms from other reactions. I'll see what I can find.
Amy
Post a Comment
<< Home