It's a Joan Jett Weekend!
My mom, step dad, and little sister were in town this weekend. My sister was very excited about coming to "Cali". I am guessing she had visions of buff surfer dudes and beach parties. Instead what she got was some central valley sun and a trip to the Asparagus Festival.
All of us headed down to Stockton for the annual Asparagus Festival on Saturday. The Asparagus Festival is a yearly occasion where people from all over come to enjoy arts and crafts, silly outdoor exhibitions, live entertainment, and of course asparagus. On the menu is deep fried asparagus, asparagus ice cream, asparatinis, asparagus bloody marys, and grilled tri-tip with asparagus. It was sunny and about 80 degrees, so I can only assume the port-a-potties smelled like Ryan's wedding reception.
However, the highlight of the festival was not the sweet asparagus urine smell...it was the live entertainment. Joan Jett and the Blackhearts played the Stockton Asparagus Festival. You heard me correctly. Trisha was so excited when I told her that she started text messaging and emailing people to let them know that her Karaoke dreams were coming true. For those of you who don't know, Trisha loves herself some Karaoke. It is a toss up between Joan Jett and Juice Newton...but inevitably she ends up doing at least two songs so she doesn't have to choose who her favorite is. Trisha rocked out for the whole set. I kept looking over to the happiest woman on the planet. She had the biggest smile on her face. Of course, my son's first live concert experience was a old rocker from the 80s...but I doubt this will be the last time that happens. Sean had a good time at the concert too. Although we couldn't tell if his pee smelled like asparagus...I was disappointed.
Ironically enough, this was the second Joan Jett concert that my step dad has been to. Apparently he liked to rock out in the 80s too. Actually, he said he got stuck going because my step sister was really into Joan Jett when she was 13.

1 Comments:
Wow. Asparagus festival. They should team up with the folks in Gilroy and have a joint Asparagus and garlic party.
Post a Comment
<< Home