One Productive Weekend
Jamie and I got a lot accomplished this weekend. But before I talk about today, I just wanted to mention that I witnessed the strangest event the other night. While I was walking the dogs, I noticed a mouse running across the street. Chasing after the mouse was a cat. My dogs saw the cat, and had they not been on a leash, they would've chased the cat who was chasing the mouse. It was a true cartoon moment.
But getting back to the point, Jamie and I went out for dinner last night at River City Brewing, which is a brewpub in a plaza downtown. We chose this restaurant mostly because it was a brewpub and we like beer, but partly because it was so close to the ice skating rink that the City of Sacramento has erected for the holiday season. After a tasty dinner and a couple of beers, we walked over to the rink to show off our east coast moves. We were both excited to skate in 50 degree weather. We didn't even bring hats or gloves! After I rented a pair of skates, we headed into the rink. It was packed with a mixture of small children, teenagers, and a few adults, and NOBODY knew how to skate (with the exception of that one guy who was skating circles around everyone else with his hands behind his back, literally). We partly understood why nobody could skate...it felt like we were skating on sand and rocks. Apparently, it actually IS difficult to keep ice smooth in 50 degree weather. Who knew? After a mere 15 minutes, we couldn't take it anymore, and we bailed. Regarding winter sports,
Pittsburgh - 1
Sacramento - 0
Today, we decided to prepare for Dave and Lizz's arrival next weekend. I did all of my grading for school, and we cleaned up the house. We bought a set of snow chains so that we'll be able to drive up to Tahoe this weekend, and we bought an extra microphone for the karaoke machine!
Our next blog will probably be about our first skiing trip in Tahoe. Let's just hope that it doesn't involve talking about broken limbs!
Finally, I thought I would leave you with a picture of Jaeger because she is so damn cute!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home