The Butlers Move to Cali

This site is a sort of documentary on our new adventures in Davis, California

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Water can Kill!

Many of us remember bits and pieces of the strange happenings on the radio during our morning commute. Every morning the radio personalities try to capture our attention with silly pranks, sketches, and the occasional tune.

Ironically enough the local radio station was airing a new contest as I drove to pick up Dave and Lizz on Friday. The "Morning Rave", the local dj team of Trish, Maney and Lucas, put on a contest to win a Wii. The contest was entitled "Hold your wee for a Wii". They aired a group of people drinking increasing amounts of water while holding their bladders. This was not even close to the strangest thing I have heard since listening to the show on my way to work. I thought nothing of this contest and continued my drive to SFO. At some point I was out of range of the radio station and I switched over to a CD before I heard the results of the contest.

Today I heard the results.... DEATH. Apparently the runner up drank so much water that she died about 5 hours following the show. The Sacramento Coroner indicated that she died of water intoxication. Too much water can throw of electrolyte levels in the body and cause brain swelling, seizures, comas, and death.

Following this discovery all three disk jockeys were fired, including 7 other staff associated with the show for a total of 10 employees.

Hopefully people will think twice about subjecting themselves to bodily harm for a silly game console.

For the entire article - http://www.kcra.com/news/10759720/detail.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home