Sean James enters the world
Shortly after my last post Trisha and I decided to play some Wii. It was a typical Friday evening...well typical now that we both don't drink and go out on Fridays. About 30 minutes into our game Trisha began to feel a little contraction. It was very little and hardly hurt so we returned to the game. At about 9pm she got a really painful contraction. This was followed by a series of progressively stronger contractions very close together. So, we packed up the puppies, loaded all the stuff in the car and headed to the Sutter Davis Birthing Center.
We arrived at the birthing center about at 9:45pm. They promptly admitted us and we got busy having a baby. There was a lot of screaming, heavy breathing, and panic but I finally calmed down and tried to help. Trisha was a trooper. She had a very quick labor lasting only about 4 hours.
At 1:51AM PST on Saturday February 16th 2008 our son Sean James Butler was born in Davis, CA. He weighed 9lbs and 1oz with a length of 22 1/2 inches.
Both mom and baby are doing really well. I will include some more pictures when I get more time. For now, thanks to everyone for their support and excitement. I AM A DAD!

7 Comments:
WOW what a rush! You guys are parents!!! And to a 151 baby! I can only relish the irony as we celebrate this happy occasion for you/with you/ without you :-(
Congrats and let the sleepless nights begin!!!
Love,
Rita
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hey guys! We love your baby. We are happy that you both are doing well and your baby is beautiful. We wish we were there. Maybe baby not. Rubber baby bumper bumpbers. Love always, Matt,Tracy, Chris, Amy, Kristin, Ryan!!!
Congratulations on a beautiful baby boy!!! He is adorable. We are happy that mom, dad and Sean are doing well.Enjoy your new family!!!! Congratulations again!! Love, Corey and Lauren
Congratulations...he is beautiful!
Love,
Katy and Mark
Hey that is one cute kid. Congrats to you both! I wish that I could come out and meet Little Sean.
Love Yinz,
Bridget
That is one adorable kid. Congrats, guys!
Post a Comment
<< Home