It tastes the same....Kinda!
So, Trisha has become a vegetarian...for the most part. She is staying away from meat products to protect our son from the scary eye episodes. Since Trisha is no longer eating meat, it basically means that I am no longer eating meat.
This past weekend I had a craving for some grilling. So Trisha went to the store and returned with Tofurky Beerbrats.

They don't taste exactly like sausage, but they are still pretty good. I also made coleslaw and potato salad to go with them.
I have a feeling we will be trying many more Tofurky products in the future. Any suggestions?

5 Comments:
Having tasted a wide variety of vegan faux-meats, I must recommend the Yves Good Dog. I also like the taste of Tofu Pups, but find their bright pink hue to be off-putting.
I'm a fan of MorningStar Farms products. Not bad alternatives.
Definitely a proponent of "the Good Dog" over other hotdog alternatives.
I have a killer recipe for vegan Seitan Ham that cooks in the crockpot... and smells like honey bacon. Fake tofu eggs to go with... Yum!
And of course, the Red-Robin Boca alternative. For some reason they taste different from other Bocas, in the best possible way. They'll make anything on the menu with Bocas subbed for Beef.
I concur about the "good dog" and recommend the Morningstar black bean burgers. The Tofurkey Italian Sausages are also pretty good.
Hi Trisha and Jamie - I became a vegetarian in June also. I can't wait to see you guys in Pismo for the wedding. Your house looks amazing and Sean is adorable. See you in a couple weeks! =:) Amy
Post a Comment
<< Home