The Butlers Move to Cali

This site is a sort of documentary on our new adventures in Davis, California

Friday, October 31, 2008

Cloudy Skies and Happy Trisha

The sight was so awesome that I almost took a picture this morning. I was actually driving into work with clouds above my head and rain drizzling on the windshield. It rained on and off all day, with highs only near 70.

I couldn't help but think of the weather we used trick-or-treat in. Sometimes it was snowing, but it was always damn cold. When I saw the kids dressed up for Halloween tonight, I could tell that they gave absolutely no thought as to how a winter coat could fit underneath their costumes or to how earmuffs would look with their Goldie Locks wigs.

The best part was that when I saw the high temperature today was only supposed to be 68 degrees, I actually put on a sweater. Where is that girl who used to walk home from basketball games in her cheerleading skirt (in January!!)? Where is that girl who would wear a T-shirt on that rare February day when it amazingly got up to 50 degrees? All I can say is that all of this sun and warm weather can change a person. Apparently it only takes two and a half years!

2 Comments:

At 5:48 AM, Blogger k said...

Once, in Phoenix, I showed up to school in the morning to see all the kids huddled around each other wearing gloves and hats.

It was about 60 degrees.

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Trisha R. Butler said...

If I ever resort to gloves and hats at 60 degrees, I'll force myself to move back to PA just to toughen up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home