The latest on Sean and school
I'm sure you've already realized that because of the high demand of being a teacher and taking care of a baby (and working as an IT Director and going to grad school), our posts are probably going to dwindle down to slightly better than once a month! At the very least, I'll do my best to update the blog with pictures of Sean so that everyone can see how fast he's growing (he's already 22 lb, 12 oz). We're also currently working on putting together some video that we've taken of him so that you can see him scooting, smiling, eating, and laughing! I can't make any promises on how soon you'll see that, but we hope to work on it this weekend.
Sean has been keeping both of us quite busy at home lately. He's currently battling his first ear infection, and we feel so bad for the little guy. He's supposed to take 5 ml of Amoxicillin 3 times a day, and he absolutely HATES the taste of it! If the dogs could operate the video camera, we could get footage of the crazy things we do to make him happy during the administration of said drug. (on a side note, I definitely imagine Dyno holding the camera and Yaeger operating the microphone and lights...) Because Sean cries and waves his hands furiously in front of his face, it definitely takes two of us to give him his meds. The worst part is that he's been on the medication for 8 days now, and he still seems to have periodic pain in his ears.
A little pain in his ears isn't stopping him from terrorizing our house, though! He's now scooting around everywhere. He apparently holds a special place in his heart for our VCR and stereo because scooting towards them and us pulling him away seems to be the source of literally HOURS of entertainment for him. He has also taken a fancy to any and all doorstops and the dogs' bowls. And although he has yet to actually crawl on his hands and knees, he's already pulling himself up to standing on anything he can get his hands on. Did I mention that he also waves good-bye now? The lady at daycare says that he often waves to her just before he falls asleep!
On a different note, school is going better now that everyone is settling into a routine. Our school runs on a modified block schedule, meaning that we have all 7 periods on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays, and then we have longer 2nd, 4th, and 6th periods on Wednesdays, and longer 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 7th on Thursdays. The nice part about this schedule is that on the block days, school releases at 2:30 instead of 3:30, and I love getting home in time to spend an extra hour at home with Sean. (even though I should spend it at school catching up on work!) I still don't have half of the supplies I need (such as class sets of calculators) or an overhead projector that actually functions, but I guess that's why they have grants. I just need to learn how to write one!
I hope to post some pictures very soon, so check back!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home