The Butlers Move to Cali

This site is a sort of documentary on our new adventures in Davis, California

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year

On the first year that I've seen midnight in what feels like ages, Sean has decided that it would be a good idea to be wide awake at 5:30 AM. Can you provide me with a better definition of irony?

2 Comments:

At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Irony (n)-There are three distinct types:
1. situational--when what happens is the opposite of what is expected.
2. verbal--when one thing is said, but something else is meant.
3. dramatic--when the audience or reader knows something important that the characters in the story do not know.

I would say that your story falls into the first type; however, an argument could be made for the third, because I knew that that would happen, but you, the character in the story, did not!

(Hey--you asked! LOL)

:)

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Trisha R. Butler said...

I stand corrected! There is, in fact, a better definition of irony out there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home