The Butlers Move to Cali

This site is a sort of documentary on our new adventures in Davis, California

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Here we go!

It occurs to me that we haven't posted in a while. Mostly because school started back up the beginning of January and my classes have been killing me. Work has been crazy for Trisha and I. She just finished up her semester and I am attempting to complete about 10 projects all at once. Did I mention that my teachers decided that I have the time to write 3 papers each week? It is just nonsense.

Even though we are all very busy right now, we try to spend some quality family time together each weekend. Last weekend we had a surprise party for Trisha's 30th birthday. Craig made some tasty vegetarian treats (raw veggies with spinach dip, marinated grilled mixed veggies, etc). Oh, three of Trisha's friends from Kane came out to visit! They surprised the hell out of her on Friday night. I left the house under the auspices of getting some beer and went to the airport instead. I came back with three lovely women from PA. A special thanks to Kristin, Kathy, and Crystal for trekking across the country to spend time with us.

The previous weekend Trisha, Sean, and I watched the Steelers beat Baltimore. The playoffs are something of a present to us since most Steelers games aren't televised in Sacramento. Instead, for most of the season we got to watch the Raiders or the 49ers...yuk! So to celebrate, Sean and I got dressed up and cheered for our team.



As you can probably imagine we are missing Pittsburgh very much right now. I can only imagine the energy and excitement that is running through the entire city right now. We can only hope that one day our son will get to experience it first hand!

We miss you all.

1 Comments:

At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Trisha had a happy 30th birthday! Sandy and I were wondering if Trisha got a package from us. It should have arrived by last Friday. Please let us know if it was received. Thanks. Go Steelers!!!
Take care,
Tom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home