OH POOP!
One thing that nobody ever tells you about parenting is the time you must devote to handling excrement. Sure, we all know that parenting involves changing a lot of diapers, but this is not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about full out, hands-on, one-on-one, intimate contact with poo.
Today was Finn's third day without pooping. While this is completely normal with breastfed babies, the intuitive parent knows that an explosion is inevitable. You simply put on all diapers with a little more caution than usual and hope for the best. The best did not happen today. He pooped on me. It was all over my shorts, my belly, his onesie, his legs, you get the picture. Luckily, Jamie was home and could take Finn while I cleaned myself up.
Today was also yet another day where we got to bring home Sean's soiled underwear from daycare in a plastic grocery bag. I don't really know how much I should expect Sean's caregivers to touch his poop, but they literally take off his underwear and toss them in a bag. They don't rinse them or make any attempt to get off any excess chunks. Then the undies sit in a bag all day crusting over. The only way to get them clean is to get your hands dirty. It should really be a segment on "Dirty Jobs."
Luckily, Jamie handled the cleaning of the undies today. My job is to remind him of this fact in a few hours when I catch him biting his nails...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home