Christmas 2009
It is hard to think back to what your first Christmas was like. We probably all remember eating food with family, tearing into presents, and watching "It's a Wonderful Life". This year was the first that Sean could actually participate in Christmas. Sure, he was able to open presents last year...but he was just as happy sitting in the box the present came in. This year was different. He definitely understands what presents are.
Trisha is a saint. When Sean woke up at 6AM, she was able to take him downstairs without him seeing the tree. This bought daddy another 90 minutes in bed. Doesn't seem like a lot, but we both have been exhausted lately trying to fight off what we can only guess is the flu. Alas, at 7:30 I had a small boy wrapped in his new Christmas PJs hugging me. He repeated the phrase "Daddy, presents" until I got out of bed and followed him downstairs. At this point Sean began tearing into presents. We had a good time opening and playing with presents for the next few hours.
I really hope that Trisha and I were able to make this a fun and memorable Christmas for Sean. It is weird to think that we are now starting our own traditions.
Merry Christmas to everyone!


2 Comments:
Looks like Santa left some great stuff at your house! Sean is too cute!!! Merry Christmas :-)
Kathy
Christmas looks fun at the Butlers!
Post a Comment
<< Home