The Butlers Move to Cali

This site is a sort of documentary on our new adventures in Davis, California

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Updates

I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted!

My updates:
I finished the school year in June, and it's been great being able to spend some time at home with Sean before the new baby comes. I've been able to take afternoon naps with Sean, which has definitely been lifesaving recently! I'm still pregnant, and I'm not officially due until August 12, but I'm really hoping to go into labor any day now. Of course, we all know there's a big difference between hoping and having it actually happen!

After being pink-slipped again in March, I finally got the news that I would indeed have a job for the next school year. However, finding a sub for my maternity leave has been a challenge since I couldn't file any paperwork until I was guaranteed to still work for the school district. Our school is also going through another major change with our principal taking the position of superintendent. To my knowledge, the district hasn't hired for the high school principal position yet. This new principal will be the 4th principal I've worked for in 5 years within the district. But I'm sure the district doesn't think they have a problem with retention!

Jamie's updates:
Jamie graduated with his MBA in June! I love that he's been able to spend his summer evenings at home instead of in the classroom! The graduation ceremony was very nice and like most ceremonies--I already can't remember who the speaker was! But Sean and I got to go on stage and hood Jamie, so that was pretty special.

Jamie's birthday was on July 8, and we celebrated by going out to McCormick & Schmicks for dinner and then to see the movie Grown-ups. I loved having some one-on-one time with my husband! The very next week, we even went out to see another movie at the theatre! Trust me. This is very big news when you have children.

Family updates:
We've been very lucky to have family visiting us again this summer! Jamie's family was here in June for his graduation, and my family came in July for vacation. We took Sean and my niece and nephew to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. The new exhibit was all about seahorses, and it was really cool! Sean still talks about seeing sharks, starfish, seahorses, and Nemo!

We also took Sean camping for the first time this past weekend. It was very hot during the day (100+), but we still had fun. We don't have any family tents yet, so we took two tents (one for me, my pregnant belly, and a twin-sized air mattress, and one for Sean and Jamie--I felt very needy). However, I feel like I deserved an air mattress for camping while 9-months pregnant! Sean really liked cooking over the campfire and getting his very own camping chair! He also liked hunting for little sticks to help start the campfire. He got a little scared when we pointed out a mouse to him, though! Luckily, he was sleeping in the tent when the raccoon and skunk showed up to the party! Luckily, camping with the exception of the mouse, camping was a success, and we look forward to doing it again soon. Jamie and I both wondered why we hadn't bothered to go camping in California before this weekend--it felt great to get out into the woods with nothing but stars and good conversation to keep us company!

I'll be sure to update when the baby comes!

1 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Blogger Ryan and Kristin said...

Hey Trish! So glad to hear you guys are doing well. We've been thinking about you guys lately, and I have to admit, I am totally in awe of the fact that you went camping at 9 months pregnant. You rock! Best wishes with the new baby, and we'll be on the lookout for the big news when it happens...sooner rather than later hopefully!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home