Updates and Things

This past week has been my spring break. It's been a good one, I must say. Jamie, Sean, and I spent a long weekend vacationing in the Redwood National Park/Forest. We saw a herd of elk right off of the road, and we saw everything from ocean to mountains, sun to rain to snow, and sand dunes to some of the largest trees on the planet. We even drove through a giant Redwood! Afterward, we got out to take pictures, and Sean ran underneath it while saying, "I'm in the tree! I'm in the tree!" It was pretty cute.
We stayed in a small, Victorian town called Ferndale. It was really nice to be back in a place with a small town vibe. One of my favorite parts of the trip was a scenic drive we took that started about a block away from our B&B. The drive took us up a mountain through beautiful forest. At the top, the land opened up into cow pastures that overlooked the ocean to the right and snow-touched mountains to the left. It was one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. Unfortunately, driving the entire road would've taken a full day, so we turned around after the first 30 miles. I can only imagine how beautiful the rest of the drive must've been!
In other news, Jamie is graduating with an MBA in June! After three years of working full time and taking classes 2-3 nights per week, he can see the light at the end of the tunnel with only 8 weeks to go! He's decided to walk at graduation, so that should be a fun culmination to all of his efforts! He keeps joking that he's going to enroll in a PhD program next since we're expecting a new baby soon! I, of course, keep joking that it will be my turn to go to school, and he'll be able to stay at home in the evenings with the children. I'm actually afraid that our consistent joking is going to lead to one of us getting our PhD!
Yesterday, Jamie and I spent the day in San Francisco so that we could watch Wicked. It was an amazing play. And...it felt great to spend some quality time with my husband! We've been wanting to see Wicked for years now, and it was never playing anywhere close to where we were living, so I'm really happy that we finally got the chance to see it. I would highly (and I mean highly) recommend it to anyone.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home