The Butlers Move to Cali

This site is a sort of documentary on our new adventures in Davis, California

Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas 2010




Christmas was good to us this year.

Sean was interested in learning about who Santa is and what he does. He wanted to understand what Christmas was all about. So I took him to the store to buy a present. We donated that present to a family doing a fundraiser for the Children's Hospital. I don't know if Sean really understood what we were doing, but it will definitely become an annual event in the Butler household.

Sean drew a picture, and I put it in a frame. We wrapped it and gave it to Daddy as a present.

We made and decorated Christmas cookies. We made hot chocolate. Sean hated it! We made a wreath together. (Sean painted the "snow" onto the pine cones, and I glued everything onto the wreath)

On Christmas Eve, we taught Sean about our annual (borrowed) tradition of eating pierogies and mushroom soup. Pierogies are a bitch to make, and we spent the entire 2 hours making them discussing how much we're glad that we only do this once a year! We opened our traditional Christmas Eve presents of new PJs.

It took Sean 2 days to open all of his Christmas presents! His favorites were Thomas the Train stuff and a set of tools (just like Daddy's!).

Sean also gave the entire family pink eye. Thanks, buddy.

Finn definitely had fun watching Sean opening presents and playing with his new toys. He's still more of an observer at this point in his life!

Jamie got a new gun for Christmas and has been out duck hunting quite a few times now. He gave me a helicopter flight lesson. I can't wait to fly a helicopter! Who knows? Maybe it will lead me to a new career path...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home