The Butlers Move to Cali

This site is a sort of documentary on our new adventures in Davis, California

Monday, February 05, 2007

We Love CA!

After a week of interesting events in Pennsylvania and after exactly 2 hours and 40 minutes of sleep, Jamie and I sat at a bar in the Pittsburgh Airport sipping on coffee and tea and watching the local news. The bottom of the screen showed the local weather for the day. It read,

9 AM: flurries, cold
noon: mostly cloudy, quite cold
4 PM: variably cloudy, rather cold

I found this weather report rather amusing because it made me wonder exactly how many adjectives can be used with the word "cold".

However, we didn't really appreciate the luxuries of our move to California until tonight. After a mild 65 degree, sunny day, Jamie and I came home from work and discussed whether we should grill on the patio or simply make a meal on the stove. We chose a meal on the stove because we knew that tomorrow will be exactly as it was today: warm and sunny.

Then we checked the weather in Pittsburgh...it is currently a "rather cold" evening with 5 degree temperatures. And if you factor in the wind chills, it feels like -11! So we decided to take it one step further and amuse ourselves with the 10-day forecast in Pittsburgh. It is apparently not supposed to get above 15 degrees all week.

So Jamie and I went outside and enjoyed a pretty sunset after turning on the sprinklers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home