Omaha
In case you haven't heard...I went to Omaha last month. It was an amazing opportunity to meet Warren Buffett. Every so often Mr. Buffett invites a few Business Schools to meet with him and ask questions. UC Davis is among the lucky few that get invited every year. Given the demand and limited space available, UC Davis only takes about 25 students each year. My name got picked out of the hat and I got to go.
It was a wonderful trip. First of all, Omaha is a neat city. It is clean, easy to navigate, and remarkably fun. We spent an entire day volunteering at the Omaha Children's Museum. We got to put together cardboard building blocks, cut bubble wrap, and ride the Carousel.
On Friday we spent about an hour at Nebraska Furniture Mart, a Berkshire Hathaway company. We got to hear first hand how Berkshire runs its companies. We then spent two hours in a Q&A session with Mr. Buffett. He answered questions on the economy, his investing philosophy, and health care.
After a nice lunch, Mr. Buffett posed for pictures with each of the students. I couldn't imagine taking that many pictures. But, I took the opportunity to get some pictures with him.


1 Comments:
That's awesome, Jamie. Sounds like it was a great trip. What a neat guy to pose for pictures like that. Hope all is well! - Crystal
Post a Comment
<< Home