Fresh Powder and one helpful tip
Trisha and I went skiing yesterday at Squaw Valley in Tahoe. There was fresh powder everywhere as the Tahoe area received about 4 feet of fresh snow over the last two weeks. Powder skiing is very much a novelty, as any PA skier will tell you. So Trisha and I went up to Squaw and met some of our Cali friends for an afternoon of skiing. Sally introduced us to a college friend Stephan. He had recently had some surgery on his knee and wasn't feeling up to his normal double black diamond runs, so he spent the day teaching all of us how to ski. After a few runs, he mentioned to Trisha and I that we needed to adjust the way we lean into our turns. This simple tip ended up making both of us better skiers. We spent the rest of the day practicing our turning and we very happy with our progress. As of this morning Squaw has received another foot of fresh powder.
We love skiing in the Sierras!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home