It's official...Hospital Food Sucks!
Alas we are still in the hospital. Jamie's had many tests done during this past week, and almost all of them involve his blood. They've poked him for his blood at least twice every day he's been in here. They've also changed his IV line 3 different times, and they've inserted a PICC line into his arm. This is basically a long-term IV with a tube that runs inside his vein from his arm to his chest so that we can administer IV antibiotics for the next 6 - 8 weeks at home. We still don't know when he'll be discharged since they still don't know exactly what type of bacteria has infected his blood. They keep doing more cultures trying to grow things, and for whatever reason, nothing is conclusive. Jamie swears that he has monkey pox!
The good news is that he's no longer spiking 102.9 degree fevers, although he's been taking Tylenol and Motrin every 2 hours since Monday. At some point, we're going to have to get off of the fever-reducers to see if he can hold a normal temperature on his own. I think Jamie is very nervous about that since he's not too excited about the thought of burning up while feeling so cold that he has 15 lbs of blankets on him, all while having every joint and muscle in his body ache every time he breathes.
The bad news is that the hospital food is absolutely horrible. Tuesday's lunch smelled so bad that we had to remove the entire tray from the room. Before we figured out that it was the food, Jamie thought that Sean had pooped himself. The only food that they have not yet messed up is the cereal that comes in those cute little single-serving bowls. I'm sure that he'll be very happy to get home to food that he's a little more used to. (I'm not saying that my cooking is any better than hospital food, I'm just saying that he's used to eating it!)

1 Comments:
I hear you've been discharged. I hope that means you're feeling better, and not that the hospital gave up on trying to figure out what you got!
Anyway, best wishes.
Post a Comment
<< Home