Packing For Our Vacation
Imagine packing for your vacation at the beach. What would you bring? Swimsuit, beach towel, sunblock, reading material...the list goes on. Now add to that a casual wedding. Easy. Pack a sundress. Now imagine that casual wedding is in Vermont. Add a sweater! Now add a formal wedding in Pennsylvania, a conference in Colorado, and visits with family and friends in Pennsylvania! Add to that a 1-year old (think carseat, stroller, travel crib, etc). Now, I've flown many times before, so I am quite aware that I am not allowed to utilize ALL of the space in the cargo area, but I'm not quite sure how much of our belongings I can leave behind!
Tomorrow, Jamie, Sean, and I leave for our vacation. We're hitting 4 states, but that doesn't count the ones we'll simply be driving through. Our first stop is Colorado so that Jamie can speak at a conference. I guess that part isn't so much vacation as work. But we're hoping to meet up with a few good friends, so that more than makes up for the pesky little work part!
From Colorado, we head straight to Vermont, where Jamie will be a groomsman in his friend's wedding. We then drive from Vermont to Pennsylvania to Virginia to North Carolina and back to Pennsylvania. All in two and a half weeks! The North Carolina part is the most exciting since we'll be spending 5 days on the beach baby-free (grandparents...gotta love 'em!).
I'm extremely excited for Sean to see his family. Although we've been lucky enough for the grandparents to visit quite often, he still doesn't see them enough. It will be nice for Sean to spend some time in states where it actually rains in the summer!
Unfortunately, all of this excitement doesn't make packing any easier. We'll just have to deal with the fact that traveling with our family now means 6 pieces of checked luggage and 4 carry-ons!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home