VT Shooting Hits Home
Today during 4th period, I received an email explaining that our school, the district, the county, and many surrounding counties should be on heightened alert after a man in Yuba City (approximately 50 miles from Davis) threatened to start a shooting rampage that made the VT shootings appear mild. Most (if not all) of the schools in Yuba and Sutter counties operated under lockdown today while we remained on heightened alert. Authorities are still looking for the man; meanwhile, many schools and colleges in the area have already canceled classes for tomorrow.
Good coverage of the ongoing situation can be found at cbs13.com . It has apparently made national news--I've seen an article on msnbc and I've heard rumors that the story is also being posted on cnn .
The pit in my stomach feels awkward right now--my mind is torn between being nervous about another shooting spree and believing that this is most likely just a copycat threat.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home