The Butlers Move to Cali

This site is a sort of documentary on our new adventures in Davis, California

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Tired and Happy

This past week has been extremely busy. I finished my first year of school on Thursday, which means that since Friday I've officially been on summer vacation. However, because of our move on Friday (and yesterday and today...), the only part of life that feels like summer vacation right now is the heat.

On Friday, we spent 14 hours moving the major contents of our home from our old house to the new one that's only about 2 miles down the road...in 105 degree heat. Needless to say, Jamie and I were both pretty beat by the end of the day. We spent yesterday getting the smaller items, such as clothes, food, and the like. We've spent two nights in the new house, and we both really like it. Dyno wouldn't eat the first night, but since then, she appears to be more comfortable with her surroundings. Of course, Yaeger didn't care--as long as she has food to eat and a lap to lay on, she's the happiest girl in the world.

I'm a bit upset, though, because Jamie leaves for Las Vegas today for a conference. So for the second summer in a row, I'm stuck with unpacking most of the household contents by myself. Awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home