The Butlers Move to Cali

This site is a sort of documentary on our new adventures in Davis, California

Monday, July 16, 2007

Sorry for the Lack of Posts lately...

I can't use the excuse that I've been busy. I can't even use the excuse that there's nothing to write about. I think that since summer vacation began, I've chosen to spend the least amount of time in front of the computer as possible. Also, I figured I would give everyone the chance to catch up on all of my other posts before I wrote anything new.

The first major event after our big move was Jamie's parents coming to visit. We took them to all of the fun attractions near us, like Napa, Tahoe, and Yosemite. In Napa, we ate at a fantastic restaurant called the Rutherford Grille. I ordered the baby back ribs, and they were honestly the best ribs I've ever eaten in my entire life.

The second major event was traveling to Monterey for Jamie's and Tony's birthdays. We rode the bike the 3 1/2 hours to Monterey, which marks our first major roadtrip on the motorcycle. Unfortunately, I learned a lot from our maiden voyage, which is to always pack warmer clothes than you think you'll need. See, I always seem to forget that the coast is rather cold in the summer here (55 - 75 degrees, depending on whether the fog lifts). When we left our house in Sacramento, it was easily 95 degrees, and Jamie and I were dressed in jeans and T-shirts. However, I was downright cold when we got near Monterey, and the temperature dropped to 63 degrees (and I was still only wearing a T-shirt!).

We had a lot of fun spending time with Tony and Rita in Monterey. We did all of the necessary things, such as eating clam chowder on the wharf and taking naps on the beach. At some point, Tony and Jamie were discussing destinations to meet for their birthdays next year. I suggested Omaha, but nobody jumped at the idea.

Finally, Jamie and I had a rather fun weekend here in Sacramento. On Saturday night, we finally decided to check out a Sacramento Rivercats baseball game (minor league). It was a good time! We were really surprised to see how many errors were made on the field, but I do believe it made things a bit more exciting. After the show, they had a fireworks display (like they apparently do every Saturday night), and it was really quite awesome. We did learn one very important thing though, and that was the fact that they serve $1 hotdogs and ice cream during Thursday night games. I'm sure that sometime in the not so distant future, you will be reading of another one of our trips to Raley field, this time on a Thursday night, and this time taking advantage of cheap eats!

To round out an already fun weekend, we decided to see the newest Harry Potter on Sunday afternoon. Most of you already know that there is almost nothing more fun than spending the afternoon in an overly air-conditioned movie theatre in the middle of the summer. As expected, we were not disappointed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home